Sunday, October 11, 2009

He leads me beside still waters...

Oh my, it has been a while since I've posted last! Alot has happened since. I will try to tell, in order, the things that are going on in my neck of the world. First off, I'm pregnant! We have been patiently waiting for over a year for this. Today I'm exactly 20 weeks! Next week we will be able to find out the sex of the baby. We couldn't be more excited and blessed!

Tobby has had some changes in his job. He was working at a Heating and Air Conditioning place for the last year, however, business became slow, paychecks became lesser and we had to trust that God would provide a job that would allow him to finish his degree AND allow him keep pastoring. After alto of calls, resumes, and prayer, he finally found one! He has been working at a local food processing factory where he was able to start out with more pay than his last job, plus amazing benefits and a 4o1K. He has been working there for the last 3 months. Over the last two weeks,with the training Hubby got at the college, he was able to put in "bids" for various jobs that the company was hiring for. We thought about how much our family needed to make without counting on my earnings, which soon will be nothing because of the baby comming, and found a job he could apply for. Now, I must say, going into this I did not want to get my hopes up because I have been there done and done that, ending up disappointed and frustrated. What I mean by that is I did not want to put too much faith in God hoping He would grant Tobby the impossible. (I had forgot the scripture about the mustard seed)
Nevertheless, despite all the other people who were also "bidding" on this job, He decided to give it a go. That was two weeks ago. Friday I got a call from hubby telling me he got the job!! God is so faithful, umm, MORE than faithful! He starts in two weeks, in the meantime, he can finish working where he is.

Another area in my life that is changing is our housing situation. You see, for some time now I have been feeling the Lord tell me to get boxes and start packing. I am hearing him say that we won't be in this house much longer. It's a very strange place to be. I absolutely LOVE the house we are in right now. In fact, I wouldn't mind if I spent the rest of my life here, but that is just not possible with a growing family. Part of me....actually, most of me is greiving because we have put so much love and hard work into this house. My daddy re-modeled both baths, literally tore out my old front door with his bare hands and installed a new one for us, then did the same to our back door- his fingerprints are all over this house and it makes me sad to think that I will have to let it go. I don't want to. I feel if I do I will have lost a part of him. Oh man, it's tearing me up right now thinking about it! But, like I said, it's just not big enough for us anymore so we are making plans to move. We don't know when, or where, but we do hear His voice and just like the many times before, if we just follow His sound, He will lead us to the right place.

No comments: