Monday, November 17, 2008

Our findings...

Remember two Saturdays ago when I said our family was going out that day to spend some family time? Well, that day started out with a trip to the bank, then we decided to go shopping/looking for digital cameras. I have two of them already, however, none of them work properly. Like I said, our intention was really to just look for cameras, perhaps buy one (with huge emphasis on the PERHAPS).

As we were driving to the electronic store we passed by a furniture store. I said to hubby, "Hmm, let's just go take a look for the fun of it." Hubby agreed so into the store we went. They were having a huge sale and the prices were unbelieveable!! We happened upon a matching leather couch, chair and ottoman. I fell in love at the moment I saw them. I asked the salesman how much they were. I couldn't believe the price he quoted me!! I turned to Hubby and he also agreed that the price was more than reasonable. Not wanting to give the salesman any room to quote us a different price, we made the decision to buy the set. The salesman then asked us if we wanted an end table to match. Hubbby said, "yes, if at a great price." Acting amused the salesman responded with a chuckle then quoted us another awe-dropping price. At that moment Hubby and I made eye contact and then simultaneously blurted, "we'll take it!"

It has been ten days already and I love my new furniture. The other ones we had were a blessing, but they were white microfiber and hard to keep clean. I'm a neat freak and very anal about keeping feet off the couches. You would find once a month with my steam vaccumn cleaning up the couch and love seat. To be quite honest, it was such a hassel!! Now, because the new ones don't get dirty, just a little dusty, I wipe them off with leather cleaning cloths and "WA-LA" it's done!! I am thankful and blessed. I would have never imagined that us going to an electronic store resulted in us buying new furniture.

No comments: