Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey anyone?

Our plans for this Thanksgiving were to go visit Hubb'y parents. My parents plans were to
drive down for the Jackpot dinner buffet. They never do that and thought that since most of us
kids were not going to be in town, they would indulge themselves. Im sure they were dreaming
of all the wonderful foods that the restaurant is known for. And I'm sure mom was stoked about not cooking. Well, it just so turned out that our plans to go see Hubby's parents fell through. By Tuesay night we finally realized that is was not going to happen. Still, we endeavored to be thankful. I called my mother to tell her that we weren't going and asked her if we could go with them to Jaackpot. I too, had no desire to cook a huge meal. Not at the last minute. My mother responded with a silence and then all I could hear was her yelling to one of the girls to bring her a notebook. She proceeded to ask me what I wanted to bring because she was going to make a Thanksgiving meal for all of us. As she began writing down and planning the menu, I could't help but feel blessed that I truely had THE MOST WONDERFUL MOTHER! The menu, as usual, was pretty extensive! When our family cooks, we cook, holding nothing back!

That Thanksgiving we had a wonderful time. My Uncle and Aunt came and ate with us. My Aunt is known for her delightful relish trays! My mother and sister made the turkey, stuffing, potatoes n' gravy, and many other things. I brought rolls and an awesome, delightful, sinful, pretzel salad. Jesus himself would be brought to tears because of how good it is. I made it big enough to take home for when I felt like eating my emotions. What can I say, food comforts me. HA! Needless to say, I am extremely blessed with all that I have been given. I have a nice house, a car, a hubby who works harder than anyone I know, and 3 beautiful, goofey-messy kids!

No comments: